Join US ON A SURF exploration trip TO AN UNKOWN ISLAND - and its not KiNG ISLAND.
“Mate, it’s a island off yonder with sick waves, a dirt (air)strip and it’s completely deserted.” - Those words from an old surf buddy were enough to make any surfer want to find out more about this mythical island. So after as much researching the island and the surf it certainly looks likely to have good consistent waves with the possibly of scoring some very good waves. So like Jetstar’s failed Mystery Flights concept, we have decided to offer you our own mystery flights tours to this undisclosed island. Without giving the location away and keeping it a mystery, here’s what we can tell you:
- It’s a small uninhabited island with a dirt airstrip and epic waves*.
- Only a fortunate few people have surfed the island.
- You will be guaranteed to have the island to yourself.
- We'll have a plane, a boat and a 4WD to explore it.
*There’s one not so little clause you should probably know before signing up. We (Eddie & Anatole) have not been to the island ourselves nor have we seen photo evidence of these “Epic Waves”. We are basing all our intel on surf rumours, google earth and a hunch. As Captain Cook said, ‘So we can’t promise you perfect waves (who can), but we can promise an adventure and if we are lucky and the rumours are true some epic waves.’
Date: 19th - 27th May 2018
How long: 8 Days.
Departing: Barwon Heads Airport. 1419 Barwon Heads Rd, Connewarre, VIC 3227
Destination: Somewhere off yonder.
Flight time: Around 4 hours with a stop to stretch the legs and refuel the jets, before arriving in time for an afternoon surf.
Plane: Private Charter in our twin engine petrol guzzling Piper Chieftain Aircraft
How many people: Numbers limited to 7 guests. Seats are sold individually. Catering to our guest's will be 1 pilot / cook / cleaner & 1 expedition leader / first aid / photographer
- All airfare legs in our private charter twin engine Piper Chieftain aircraft.
- All Island and local entry fees & tariffs.
- Beachshack accomodation (generator power).
- 4WD Vehicle and fuel on the island
- Boat (15ft Tinny with 40hp)
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinners. Plus snacks and drinks (Alcohol not included).
- Tour leader helping with your every need.
- Photographer capturing every moment providing you with high resolution digital photos at the end of your trip to keep.
What to bring:
- Up to 2 boards per person.
- Clothes (optional) for 7 days.
- Surf gear (wetsuit & towel etc)
- Fishing gear
- Snorkelling gear
- Phone & wallet will be irrelevant where we are going
- A love for a remote adventure in the hunt for perfect solitary waves.
Cost: $2,590.00 per/person. Note: As this is our first trip to this unique destination and you have been good enough to take a chance helping us search for waves and explore this new island, King Island Surf Safaris seeks to make no profit from this trip. Pricing has been set to cover costs only. Your payment will be covering the following: food, accomodation, boat, 4WD, plane, fuel, medical supplies, tariffs, ect (not alcohol). Yes you’ll be our guinea pigs you might say, but seriously all going well and we find some great consistent waves we would love to be able to offer this surf trip to other guests in future - this trip will be a guide with your feedback as to whether we include this itinerary into our standard packages and destinations.
- $590.00 Deposit to hold your seat.
- $2,000.00 Remainder due on 4/4/18.
- Refunds are available until 15/3/18
(Spots Are still Currently available)
So if your keen on an adventure we are looking for like minded people to join us either as a group or individuals making up a group of 7.
Seats are based on a first in first served basis and only reserved once a deposit is made.
If we do not fill all 7 seats by 4/4/18 a full refund we made to any bookings.
If your have any questions about the trip either email Eddie at email@example.com / or Phone: 0409 864 055